Welcome! We are multi-faceted. We began as a research podcast by Dr. Townsend Gard at Tulane University Law School.
We've grown into a community about quilting, crafting, entrepreneurship and intellectual property.
FTC Disclaimer: Sometimes Just Wanna Quilt is given free samples to understand the product in conjunction with the podcast. We always let the audience know when this is the case. We also purchase products, which we also let you know.
Judel Niemeyer - Quiltworxs
Interviewed by Elizabeth Townsend Gard
Date December 2017
We are talking with Judel Niemeyer, Judy's daughter and Business Manager, at Quiltworx.com.
- More about Judy Niemeyer
- why are there certified programs? Why certified teachers? How does this happen? Costs? part of the business model?
- "teaching thew orld to paper piece"
- it's a thing
- Tell me about the training center and the Quiltworx University
- fabric collections design (Judy and Judel Niemeyer)
- trunk show program
- role of social media
- copyright and trademark issues
There is so much to talk about -- the patterns, the business, the branding, the creative process, the "thing" that is a Judy Niemeyer pattern," and Judel's quilting life.